Android - UPDATE|
I used to say: "Don't need a smartphone - Can do things much better on my PC (except mobility)". But I eventually gave in to the hype:
- 2010 Kindle E-Reader original version, still used!
- 2011 Galaxy S2 smartphone, for Sandra, now scrapped
- 2012 Nexus 7 (2012) tablet, WiFi only, for me, now scrapped
- 2014 Nexus 9 tablet, WiFi only, for me
retiring the Nexus 7, Nexus 9 now rooted
- 2014 Galaxy TAB S 10.5" tablet, WiFi only,
for Sandra, retired, now rooted
- 2015 Moto G (2nd generation) smartphone, for Sandra,
I inherited her Galaxy S2, MotoG retired, now rooted
- 2017 SONY Bravia 43" Android TV
- 2017 Galaxy Tab S2 8" tablet, WiFi only,
for me, retiring the Nexus 9
- 2017 Moto G5 smartphone for Sandra,
I inherited her Moto G, retiring the Galaxy S2
- 2018 Moto G6 play smartphone for Sandra,
I inherited her Moto G5, retiring the Moto G
- 2018 Galaxy Tab S4 10.5" tablet, WiFi only,
for Sandra, retiring the Galaxy Tab S
Galaxy TAB S2 Homescreen
I find that I use the Tablet more than the PC, which I mainly use nowadays for Office files, Video editing and making Blog entries (like this one). But for
Messaging incl. Email, following News, YouTube videos and leisurely Internet surfing I mainly use my Android Tablet.
Sandra has retired her Laptop and only uses the Galaxy TAB S4 with its keyboard.
I also used to say: "Can usually be reached on the Landline. Used my dumbphone when travelling - to reach - not to be reached". But now I
have also got a smartphone! Actually I can phone from my Tablets even though they don't have SIM-cards - using my Google Voice number on e.g.
Hangouts. Similarly I can send SMS to North America from the Tablets using Google Voice.
Often used Apps/Programs (updated)